Lectures from industry leaders
BatteryMBA participants have access to 12 live lectures as part of their course cohort, including 10 battery lectures taught by industry leaders. Below are the topics covered in past lectures. The topics of upcoming lectures will be announced in the fall.
1) Clean-tech finance: "Who wants a faster horse?" Living in an age of disruption
Taught by: Gerard Reid, Co-founder of Alexa Capital
2) Customizing Lithium-Ion Cells - From The First Material Tests to Series Production Taught by: Matthias Fesser, Business Development Manager at CUSTOMCELLS
3) Li-Ion Battery Basics: A non-chemist application centered approach Taught by: Claudius Jehle, CEO at volytica diagnostics
4) "Why you need to write a Battery Biography"
Taught by: Veronika Wright, Founder of Electrified Veronika
5) Battery End-Of-Life Management and Policies
Taught by: Bhavya Jha, EoL Policy & EU Regulations specialist
6) Factory line performance and precision engineering
Taught by: Mariano Sydney Rubio, Former Automobile Engineer at SEAT]
7) Data and optimisation in manufacturing
Taught by: Marc Jansen, Product Director at Decoded
8) Energy storage: a key enabler for the energy transition
Taught by: Maxine Ghavi, Head of Grid Edge Solutions at Hitachi ABB Power Grids
9) Electric Mobility: Strategic Perspectives on Batteries
Taught by: Srinath Rengarajan, Global Head of Automotive Research at Oliver Wyman
10) Career transition in the energy storage sector
Taught by: Claudia Vergueiro Massei, CEO at Siemens Oman]
11) Customizing Lithium-Ion Cells - From The First Material Tests to Series Production
Taught by: Matthias Fesser, Business Development Manager at CUSTOMCELLS
12) "The Critical Role of Storage in our World - key questions and discussion points”
Taught by: Gerard Reid, Co-founder of Alexa Capital
13) “Batteries from scratch - Understanding lithium ion batteries from the materials up”
Taught by: Dr Sam Cooper, Senior Lecturer at Imperial College London
14) “SOH - Li-Ion-Battery Basics, A non-chemist application-centered"
Taught by: Claudius Jehle, CEO volytica diagnostics
15) “Electrical interconnection and energy storage as key technologies for enabling the future energy system”
Taught by: Dr. Gerhard Salge, CTO Hitachi ABB Power Grids
16) “Hot N Cold Batteries - Overview of battery thermal management system’s designs and concepts”
Taught by: Katherine Kan, Co-Founder Rovilus
17) “Batteries for Energy Access”
Taught by; Harini Hewa Dewage, Energy Storage and Off-Grid Sector Consultant
18) “End-of-life management of lithium-ion batteries today and in the future”
Taught by: Hans Eric Melin, Managing Director at Circular Energy Storage
19) “Digital Twin in Battery Manufacturing”
Taught by: Claudia Vergueiro Massei, CEO Siemens Oman
20) “Battery and Energy Storage Safety Codes and Standards"
Taught by: Ryan Franks, Senior Mechanical Engineer for Battery Reliability Testing and Industrial Acceptance at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
21) "Battery usage in electric vehicles"
Taught by: Lisset Urrutia’s (Head of Research & Development at SVOLT Europe)
22) "Green Batteries through Computational Life Cycle Engineering"
Taught by: Dr. Felipe Cerdas’s (Head of Research Department Life Cycle Engineering at Technische Universität Braunschweig)
23) "Overview on Lithium Ion Battery Anode Technology"
Taugh by: Jill Pestana’s (Director of Technical Program Management at Electric Goddess and previously Senior Staff Scientist at Enevate Corporation)
24) "Towards an electrified and sustainable future: Overview of Lithium Ion Battery Cathode Materials"
Taught by : Christian Rüdiger’s (Director Of Strategic Partnerships & Government Affairs - Battery Materials EV at Johnson Matthey)
25) "Mass Customisation: How energy storage deployments will scale 100K in the space of 20 years"
Taught by: Dr. Marek Kubik’s (Managing Director at Fluence Energy)
26) "Studying battery behaviour using EIS"
Taught by: Mariam Awara’s (COO at Pulsenics)
27) "Helping manufacturers to achieve net-zero"
Taught by: Douglas Johnson-Poensgen’s (CEO at Circulor)
28) "Energy storage technologies in the power system"
Taught by: Pilar Gonzalez’s (Innovation Manager at Iberdrola Venture Capital)
29) "Battery Giga Manufacturing"
Taught by: Claudia Vergueiro Massei’s (Head of Executive Office and Transformation Digital Industries
30) "Battery Industrialisation - How to setup a battery cell production”
Taught by: Benedikt Konersmann’s (Team Lead E-Mobility Industrialisation at P3)
31) "Common Misconceptions about Batteries"
Taught by: Claudius Jehle’s (CEO at volytica diagnostic)
32) "Batteries and the UK Ecosystem"
Taught by: Jacqui Murray’s (Deputy Director - Faraday Battery Challenge at InnovateUK)
33) "Lithium-mining and Sustainability"
Taught by: Jeremy Wrathall’s and Dr. Rebecca Paisley’s (CEO and Exploration Geochemist at Cornish Lithium Ltd)
34) "Green cell manufacturing"
Taught by : Katja Fröhlich’s (Thematic Coordinator at Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH)
35) "From Cell to Pack and Back"
Taught by: Joachim Doehner’s (Director Sales at KUKA)
36) "Battery policy and battery passport"
Taught by Tilmann Vahle’s (Co-Lead Mobility Platform at SYSTEMIQ)
37) "Battery modelling and control"
Taught by: Prof. David Howey’s (Professor of Engineering Science at the University of Oxford)
38) "Stationary Batteries"
Taught by: Dr. Maggie Teliska’s (Innovation at Enel Green Power)
39) "Price Declines"
Taught by Dr. James Frith’s (Principal at Volta Energy Technologies)
40) "The Future of Energy"
Taught by Gerard Reid’s (Co-Founder at Alexa Capital)